One of the most efficient ways to get free publicity is by producing press releases. The trick is writing one that is likely to be picked up by news sources; in order to do so, the release must be relevant and of interest to the media’s audience.
So what is newsworthy? Here are a few ideas to get your name out there and picked up by the media:
- Facility renovations/upgrades
- Introducing a new service or product
- Changes to management or structure
- Receiving an award
- Adding a new location
- Participating in philanthropy
- Hosting an event
- Changing your name
- Celebrating an anniversary
- Announcing your position on an issue
- Launching a website
- Obtaining a significant customer/contract
- Employees recognized in the community or industry (or placed in a leadership role)
When writing the release: the first sentence should summarize what makes it newsworthy; put the information in the release from most important to least important; include photographs or other visuals; include your contact information; include quotes; conform to the Associated Press style; and be concise and stick to one page. Following these tips can help your release get picked up by news outlets. Are you an Avfuel-branded customer that needs help on writing a press release? Contact [email protected] for assistance crafting a release to increase visibility.