Are you ready for some football??? The pros are preparing for their season and colleges are starting their games, which means whether you’re an FBO or a flight operator, it’s time to start thinking about your game day game plan.
FBOs: Attract More Traffic
What’s more fun than a bunch of spirited fans flying in to your location? Capitalize on that spirit and advertise some fun promotions of your own to attract more traffic to your ramp. Here are a few of our favorite ideas:
- Ramped up rewards. We love it when pilots can score more points. Offer bonus loyalty points for traffic heading to local games and post it on AVTRIP’s Bonus Point Opportunities page to gain more traction.
- Tailgates. It’s fun to get a little R-O-W-D-I-E with fans when they land. Plan a special tailgate to treat your guests with a little classic football fare.
- TVs. Plan a game-watching party so pilots can enjoy their time while passengers are at the game. Also know the best sports pubs in the area to recommend to guests who fly in if they’re looking for a little off-site excursion.
- Giveaways. SWAG. Need we say more? Everyone loves it and there are a ton of fun football-themed options.
Of course, if you decide to do something special, you’ve got to communicate it to draw in the crowd. Try sending an email blast and posting it on your social media accounts for maximum impact. Let [email protected] know about your special and we can help advertise it to Avfuel customers as well.
Flight Operators: Decide Where to Fly
For flight operators, the FBO you choose to fly to can make or break your winning experience on game day. Here are a few items to consider:
- Location: Of course one of the biggest considerations when deciding where to fly will be proximity to the venue. Will passengers be able to easily make it to the stadium? Convenience is going to take top priority. Try using Avfuel’s fuel finder at avfuel.com to find a location near your favorite team.
- Programs: Does the FBO offer your preferred contract fuel program and loyalty rewards? Try for a combo with great fuel prices and rewards to sweeten the deal. Avfuel’s fuel finder can tell you what a location’s contract fuel price is and whether or not the FBO is offering bonus AVTRIP Points.
- Game day specials: What FBOs are offering a service that goes above and beyond to make your game day fly-in a winning experience? It could be any of those we mentioned above or an added convenience like free shuttles that make logistics easier.
Avfuel Contract Fuel users and AVTRIP Members can keep an eye on their inboxes for bi-monthly newsletters highlighting any FBO specials that will help operators score a winning experience.
FBOs—what’s your favorite game day tradition? Flight Operators, what do you look for on game days? Leave a comment below.